Do I need a gym membership?
The Bikini Body Training Guide can be completed at the gym, outdoors, and the privacy of your own home.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a small amount of equipment to effectively complete the Bikini Body Training Guide (listed below) and some room to move!
- Dumbbells (3-6kg each)
- Medicine Ball (6-12 kg)
- Skipping Rope
- 1-2 Flat Benches (30cm+)
- Flat Bench (30cm+)
- Kettlebell (8-15kg)
- Medicine Ball (6-12kg)
- Skipping Rope
Most of these items can be found at the gym or can be easily purchased.
- Drink Bottle
- Foam Roller
- Sweat Towel
- Yoga Mat
You can find Kayla's very own range of workout accesseries here.
If you are unable to purchase or access these items for any reason, please see a list of substitute equipment for you below:
- Barbell - dumbbells can be used instead, or, you can perform the exercise with no added weight. Ensure that you hold one dumbbel in each hand and keep them by your sides NOT on the back of your neck.
- Bosu - If you are unable to purchase a bosu, then you could omit it altogether, but you will have to modify exercises slightly (i.e. do regular Burpees in the place of Bosu Burpees).
- Dumbbells - Two safe, heavy objects that you can grip comfortably. This could be bags, water bottles, food - get creative!
- Flat Bench(es) - Benches can be substituted for any flat, stable surface such as a chair, ledge, park bench, sturdy box etc.
- Kettlebells - one large dumbbell (8-15kg) can be used instead.
- Medicine Ball - This can be substituted for dumbbells, holding one in each hand, or for anything of the same weight.
- Skipping Rope - Unfortunately, there is no substitute for this, but you could always do 'air skips' if you are space restricted.
When selecting substitutions, it is important to ensure that they are both safe and secure prior to commencing your workout.
I do not have access to equipment or substitute equipment.
If you do not have access to any kind of equipment, including the above substitution options, you are welcome to omit equipment from your workout and simply use your own body weight to complete exercises.
*Please note: We cannot guarantee you will achieve the same results as those girls who include equipment in their workouts*